Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 2

Here is my breakfast consisting of 1 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten free steel cut oats, organic strawberries, blueberries, apple, banana, and slivered natural almonds. Yes, there is oatmeal in there somewhere! :-)
Yum!
I realized later that I used too much oatmeal, but it was sure good.

Since I am still in the first chapter of the book, I am still just doing the basics meal wise.


The salad above has spinach, romaine, carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, grapes, tomatoes, onions and canned black beans that I rinsed well. I also added a few nuts and sesame seeds.
I really like the dressing I had last night, so I repeated it :-)
I contains 1/4 cup roasted red pepper hummus whisked with 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar.

I had the same salad for dinner, and a little later my son and I had a really good mango smoothie made out of frozen mango ( partially thawed is the key) and vanilla coconut milk and a little stevia. It was absolutely delish!
I can't believe how full I am today. Almost uncomfortably so, it is a really strange feeling, I can't remember feeling this full in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you tried this diet? Any tips or suggestion? Feel free to comment!