Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 3 and 4

Day 3

I weighed myself and NO WEIGHT LOSS! Very frustrating, to say the least...
I had my usual breakfast of oatmeal and fruit, a little less oatmeal, a little more fruit this time.
I spoke to my mother, and she said I was eating more than they usually do. They don't do mango smoothies, and they don't use as many beans as I did.
I was having lunch with a friend, I did eat a Thai green curry seafood combo dish. It is one of my favorites. I decided to go easy the rest of the night. I snacked on a few pieces of fruit and for dinner I had a bag of frozen broccoli, mushrooms and carrots. I microwaved them, they were horrible. I even added Mrs Dash and coconut aminos- just awful. Found myself starving later, so I ate my son's leftover open faced smashed banana sandwich on gluten free bread, it was good and helped fill me up. Before bed I was starving again and ate one of my son's apple Larabars made out of dates, almonds, apples, raisins and walnuts. It really hit the spot.



Day 4

I finally lost 2 lbs! Had a meeting at Boo's school in the morning and couldn't focus, so I broke down and had my International delight mocha iced coffees. I had a few pieces of cantaloupe as I ran out the door.
Midmorning I had a salad, this time no fruit, only greens, broccoli, celery, cucumber, onions and carrots. I cut out the beans as well, especially since the hummus I use in the dressing contains garbanzo beans, I think that was my problem before.
After a few hours I was starving! I had some oatmeal with a sliced banana. A little later I was still starving, and wanted to cheat so bad, but had a bowl of cantaloupe with shredded unsweetened coconut on top. A little later I had a plum.
The thought of another salad did not sound the least bit appealing. I looked up recipes and found one that i could modify to what i had available. It was called Chinese Apricot Stir Fry I stir fried a bag of frozen sugar snap peas, carrots, mushrooms, and onions. I added 1 TB of 4 berry preserve(unsweetened) 1TB red cooking wine, a dash of coconut aminos, slivered almonds, sesame seeds and some Mrs Dash. It actually was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you tried this diet? Any tips or suggestion? Feel free to comment!